Thursday, February 24, 2011

Parisian With A Twist



By far this is one of the kookiest homes I've come across. The very unexpected mix of elements in this Parisian home is simply amazing. My love for unusual artifacts and furniture has me drooling over all the eye candy in this pad. It almost feels like walking into a modern art gallery, that's why it took me a while to realize this was actually someone's home. The more I looked at the pictures the more intrigued and fascinated I became. I wanted to know the concept behind each piece and its story. 
If I had to pick a favorite room in this pad, I think this bedroom would walk away with the prize. I would have never thought of covering the ceiling above my bed with a cluster of globes. Brilliant!!! It's such a fun and unpredictable idea that would put a smile on my face every morning. I hope they're well mounted to the ceiling. :)
Even the bathroom had to have that quirky touch, of course. This boat-shaped bathtub looks genius sitting amid a sea of white. For sure, this is not your typical cookie-cutter decor. They have stretched the boundaries of what is expected. Although some might be overwhelmed by the amount of artsy pieces in this home, I think the overall result is very successful for this unique style. Any thoughts? BTW, doesn't this remind you of this apartment I posted last week? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive